Friday, April 27, 2012

C4T #4

Kelly Tenkely I followed Kelly Tenkely. For her first blog, she wrote about how teachers should use podcasts for weekly reports instead of folders sent home by the teachers. She said that parents can use this podcast as memories, especially when the child is older and their voices have changed. Kelly said that parents aren't sure what they are looking for when folders are sent home and that parents doesn't check their child's blog regularly. The audio only last for about 30 seconds to one minute and 30 seconds. The objective of this is to let parents know how their child is progressing, lets the students keep an audio of themselves and they can listen to it when they get older, and to let digital portfolio grow. I told Kelly that it is very important for parents to know how well their child is doing and where they stand. I think this is a very good idea for the parents to know, but also hear their child's voice.
For Kelly Tenkely's second blog that I commented on she talked about TED-ED. This is something that teachers can use to teach their students with animation. It can be adjusted and tweaked as needed. This incorporates flip teaching. This is where the students learn at home, using the animated video lecture, and do the homework at school. This allows teachers to help the students with homework and find their strength and weeknesses. I told her that this is a great idea for the students to learn will having fun. I also think it is great that the students will have access to their teachers for homework, because I know that's when I needed my teachers the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment