Sunday, April 22, 2012

Blog Post #12

For this assignment, I wanted to do something creative, different, and something that is very common in schools these days. I want to do something that will help end bullying. I was thinking about what I could do and I was googling ways to end bullying through technology. I think this assignment will prepare us college students to be aware of bullying and helping to prevent it. Bullying is becoming a major issue and will happen when we begin to teach, and this class is about using technology, so here is my assignment.

Bully Blaster App created by Valley Students= go to this page and watch the video. Create a post on how you feel you can prevent bullying and how technology applies to this assignment. Talk about how the Valley students use technology to bring awareness to our attention. Then, tell us a way you can bring awareness to your student's attention by using technology.

This video definitely uses technology to prevent bullying. This allows students to use the iPad while helping to prevent bullying. Teachers could use this app with their students, especially at a young age. I think it is great that students made this app to help children with bullying. This game allows the user to be rewarded for not using bullying, and I think this could help students who do bully feel like they are being rewarded. I think it is great that the Valley students created this game through technology. We are getting more technologically advanced, and students can find comfort through technology I think any awareness can brought to our student's attention through technology. Like this, you can find games through iTunes, play games online, and use the internet to let your students find ways to bring awareness. Students can even bond and use teamwork to help other out, and this allows students to get along with each other, even if it is with the bully.

1 comment:

  1. Daisy,

    What a WONDERFUL idea!

    Thanks,

    Rebekah Lloyd

    ReplyDelete