Sunday, April 1, 2012

C4T #3

My teacher these past two weeks was Kelly Hines. In her first blog, she uses the pencil metaphor. She talks about how groups are formed in a classroom. The base of the pencil, that you use to hold and grip the pencil, represents all the people who follow the crown. The lead of the pencil, which is the smallest part of the pencil, represents the people who are willing to lead, help others who don't understand, and steps out of the box. Last, there are the people who represent the eraser. This means that people literally act a erasers. These are the negative people who try to tear people down, criticize there work, and tries to destroy their work.

I told Kelly Hines that I would have never thought about groups of people as a pencil. I also said that this world does have few leaders, but we have a pretty big number of criticizers. We need to help each other up, instead of tearing each other down.

For my second blog reading, Kelly Hines was inviting all teachers to a free visit to the North Caroline Museum of Life and Science. She basically said that it an appreciation for the hard work that teachers put up. She also said that the teachers can experience this trip through the students eye and see what the children see.

I said that we have a place similar to that place called the Exploreum. I mentioned that every few months, they change the topics out. I think that it is great to show teachers appreciation. I think that this could give teachers an idea of how they would want to teach sciences in their class, and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment