Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Blog Post #7


The Networked Student by Wendy Drexler

This video really showed me how students are getting more involved with technology. The thought that so many podcasts are made for a class lecture. What will the world be like in ten years when it comes to technology? Technology is overpowering our world, and I believe it is a good thing.

The question that was asked was "Why does the networked student even need a teacher?" That is a good question. He said that the teacher is a mentor and helps the students when they get stuck, but really? That is a scary question. Like I said, in ten years, who knows how important teachers will be. I want to make an impact and teach students. This video makes you think about stuff like that.

Towards the end, he says that teacher hopes that in her heart, she helped that student. I believe that teachers will always be needed, but to a certain degree. We are advancing to online classes, where you don't even have to show up to class, or even meet your teacher. In some ways that can be good or bad.

A 7th Grader's Personal Learning Environment (or PLN)

Well my PLN is not near as advanced or organized as hers. You can tell that she has more experience with her PLN than I do. I have never heard of an LPN until this class, so that shouldn't be surprising. It was also cool to see that Mrs. Wendy Drexler had her 7th grade class to work on this project. In the instructions, it said that she wanted to work with middle school students, and she got her chance.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree that I want to make an impact teaching students. What teacher wants to teach but not make an impact? Hopefully none or they shouldn't be a teacher. Ha! But I agree that we are getting to a point, especially in college, where teachers aren't really needed. All the information we need to learn is online, but what we can't learn online is personal connection. How boring would it be if we did work only online? You brought up some great points from this video. My PLN isn't nearly as advanced as her PLE either, and I also had not heard of it until this class.
    I would suggest you skim over your blog posts for grammar errors or misspelling something. Those little distractions might cause someone to miss something important you said. Other than that, I really enjoyed reading this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does not appear to me that you watched the video. If you did, you certainly did not understand it.

    Unacceptable.

    ReplyDelete