Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Blog Post 1

About Me!

Hello. My name is Daisy Snow, and I am a junior at the University of South Alabama. I am from McIntosh, Alabama, but I recently just moved to Saraland, Alabama. I have lived in Oklahoma for the first two years of my life (which I don't remember, because I was a baby.) I also lived in Gilbertown, Alabama for about 5 years. I have a sister, Ashley, and two brothers, Ajay and Christian. My parents are Connie and Rhonda Snow. We are very family-oriented. My parents have 3 children in college.

I have always wanted to be a teacher since I was in about the 2nd grade. My dad is a teacher, and I see that he really enjoys his job. My sister is also going into education, so my family will be full of teachers. When I was in high school, I loved helping teachers grade papers. I liked to tutor the children and see them light up when they understood the material. I want to do that for my job.

Time Management

Randy Pausch said a lot of things that made sense. He said that people are bad with keeping up with time, but good with keeping up with money. That is true with this society. People are so caught up with the value of money, and lose focus of everything else. He also said that planning will help. It's better to have a plan, than to not have one at all. Another good thing to keep up with is a to-do list. I will definitly keep all this in mind when I start teaching.

1 comment:

  1. A teaching family! Great.

    You will watch Randy Pausch's Last Lecture later this semester. It is a powerful and moving video!

    ReplyDelete